Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain

One of the things I’ve been saying that I need to do for years now is to get back into drawing. My writing has improved and progressed, but my other interests have kind of fallen off. I’m hoping to get myself re-motivated to do more of these, and I’m going to use the ‘blog’ system here to get me started and keep you all updated.

I have the book ‘Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.’ I’m going to be going through it over the next while and hopefully improving as we go.

The first three assignments are to give you a comparison to work from. They are a self-portrait, a portrait from memory, and then a picture of your hand. Here is my first assignment, with the picture I was working from. (it said to use a mirror, but I don’t have a mirror near-by, so this was what I did instead.)




In addition, I’m going to be going through the old ‘How to draw Comics the Marvel Way.’ Hopefully the two will blend together, as well as some other books I’ll be going through.

2 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job. You look angry in the drawing, so I wonder, did you feel angry while drawing and have some of that emotion come through?

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger The Lord of Castle Zierath said...

No, actually, although i was irritated when i was having that picture taken. While I was drawing, I was just trying to get the shapes right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home