Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Castle Zierath Artwork


One of the things that I haven't done a lot of in the last year and a half or so is my Castle Zierath artwork. For several years, I had been producing at least four pieces of digital artwork a month based on my fantasy world. While I am by no means a professional artist, my work is not bad for an amateur (although I'm sure several of my professional artist-type friends probably cringe when they see some of what I do, but are just too nice to say anything).

I have finally finished my first picture of 2007. It's a picture from my first novel Castle Zierath (current on sale at my website castlezierath.org. Plug! Plug!) This scene takes place in chapter 30 "Matriarchy". The picture features the Mad Hatter of Abatwar, his brother Clint the Black Paladin, Baron Kunce, Andreea, and several of their retainers.

My plan is to start working on my hundreds of pictures again and to start drawing again. My next picture to be worked on is for chapter 4 of the novel. I've tried about a dozen different pictures, but I'm having troubles with it; the characters are riding horses, and my horses are terrible. I've never learned how to make them look halfway decent. Sigh.

Oh, as an aside, I have to admit that in the picture above, Fernius, the harvest moon there is actually Mars. It looks pretty good there, though, doesn't it.

1 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Raven's Path said...

Retainers? I haven't worn a retainer in years! (Though I should go back and get my teeth fixed again.)

As always LZ love looking at your work and reading your stuff. I really don't want to wait until December for the whole book, but at the same time I don't want to read it it pieces either. Oh the humanity!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home