Monday, January 08, 2007

Tigger Attack

I was watching the Today show (or whichever one of those is on CBS - I really should remember that), and my attention was caught by a lead in where a Disney Tigger hit a teenaged guest at DisneyWorld.

I watched the videotape the father had taken, and, yes, Tigger did slap the boy, but it looked like the boy had grabbed the back of Tigger's neck and maybe had his hand in the costume somehow, and the slap really looked like an accident.

The family took the son to the hospital because his vision was blurry, and brought their family lawyer in. It looks like a suing situation.

Disney has suspended the actor and both the Sheriff and the company are investigating.

I have to admit, in this case, my heart is going out to the actor because while he may have been wrong in his reacting, it looks like it started with the teenaged son, and I don't think the kid is going to be held accountable, and the actor will lose his livelihood for reacting.

And this is terrible, I also feel a bit sorry for 'Kramer'. He responded to some very rude hecklers inappropriately, but has anyone called them on their behavior? 'Kramer' definitely should apologize, (and his career may never recover) but so should those young men. Such behavior is unacceptable from them as well.

I guess it always comes down to taking responsibility for what you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home