Monday, November 27, 2006

Thanksgiving

You know, I figured out that this is the first time in at least 20 years that I have not traveled anywhere one a 4 day vacation. I stay home.

Now, isn't that a concept. I had a very nice relaxing weekend. What did I do, you may ask...

Laundry. Tore up carpet. Baked cookies. Yard work (we have a mole infestation). Stuffed X-mas card envelopes. Watched Lord of the Rings extended version. Played City of Heroes. Read five books (The Gods of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs [book II of a series], The Song of Homana by Jennifer Robeson [book II of a series], The Shadow Within by Jeanne Cavelos [book 7 of the Babylon 5 series]. Cthon by Piers Anthony [not part of a series!], and To Dream in the City of Sorrows [book 9 of the Babylon 5 series]) (I realized that I missed book 8 in the Babylon 5 series). Watched football (da Bears - missed the Vikings and Packer games). And a Winnie the Pooh musical rehearsal.

It was a good vacation. I feel rested enough to last 'til X-mas now...

3 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How in the world do you read 5 books in 4 days!?

And do all the other stuff on top of that.

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Raven's Path said...

Griffin, you have to remember that some of us read at a normal pace vs your pace. Not that there is anything wrong with your pace. And I will head off any comment about "Streams of Silver". Yes I missed the important facts on the last page because I read it too fast! But that was when I was reading almost a book a day out of stress.

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I accept that I am a slow reader, but I still think that 5 books in 4 days is not a normal pace. I would like to get the break down on the number of pages read and the time spent reading to have a page per minute stat. Just to see how fast we are talking here.

Then I can take that information to work and get a comparison from others. I will try to get information from Lit. / English majors as well as non.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home