Saturday, October 28, 2006

Home Ownership

I remember how happy we were when we moved into our own house. We enjoyed the space and the little things we had to do to the house. We enjoyed the painting of the rooms, making them ours, adding shelving (although my carpentry skills were/are very rusty), and imagining the possibilitities. Sure, there were problems, but we would fix those problems 'down the road.'

Well, here we are, 'down the road,' and we're now trying to fix those problems. The problem is, they require time and more importantly, money. It always seems to come back to money, you know. I know money can't buy happiness, but it sure couldn't hurt in easing the way. We've got several major projects that need to be done that range anywhere from $500 to $6000, and we just don't have that sort of money hanging out in our accounts.

Yeah, I'm feeling a little sorry for myself. But, that's part of what this blog is for - venting and getting it out of my system so then I can actually go and solve a few things without getting bogged down in the angst.

thanks for listening.

3 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah the glory of home ownership. Mary and I finally decided to pull the trigger and get a lot of projects done this year. We will now be spending the next year or two paying them off, but after living in this house for 5 years we had to start to get something done.

Good luck with you projects. Just know that they will never end. : )

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Raven's Path said...

I am sure it is rough. Just day to day existance can be tough with little money coming in. I will be in either an apartment or a rented house probably forever. In no forseeable future can we see us owning a home due to student loans and how @#$@% they are. Such is life I guess. Even though you may have a million little projects and need a million more dollars, enjoy your space and the accomplishments the two of you are creating.

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But I thought you were a gypsy, so you wouldn't want to own a house. It's not as easy to pack up a leave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home