Monday, October 02, 2006

Renaissance Man

One of the things I am slowly realizing is that I can’t do everything myself.

I am a bit of a Renaissance man. I am a writer. I am an artist. I am a cartoonist. I work on computer databases. I work on websites. I am a creator of worlds. I am a mapmaker. I am a game master. I am a detective. I do computer graphics. I am an actor. I am a director. I am an editor. I am even a (barely) adequate carpenter.

‘Renaissance Man’ is also a nice way to say ‘Jack of All Trades, Master of None.’ I am…passable at all these things, but I am not great at any one of them.

Something else about me is that I hate asking for help, and I hate giving up a piece of my creative work to someone else. That’s part of why my first novel has not yet made it out of my study and into a publishing company. (that will change this weekend).

I am doing a massive update of my webpages, and then I’m planning to hand my webpage update material over to one of my students, Corey. He’s actually just now beginning to create a small web design business, and I’ll be one of his first customers. (when he gets his business up and going, I’ll be posting his website/email here for others who need this sort of help)

The thing is, I enjoy doing the webpages. They are fun to work with, but I just don’t have the time or energy to do them. I need to focus on the other parts of my Castle Zierath endeavor. And become a ‘professional grade’ writer. The only way I can do that is by practicing.

Hrm. No ‘microwave’ shortcut for that. Stupid reality. *grumble grumble grumble*

1 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Raven's Path said...

Don't you just hate that! You have write to be a writer? That is just so unfair!!!!!!

We are in the same boat my friend. That is why I am trying to get back into writing. When I have something I will send it to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home