Tuesday, October 03, 2006

October

October is probably my favorite month.

And it isn't just because it's my birthday month.

I love the weather and the colors. I live in a part of the country where we really have seasons, and autumn is my favorite. We have so many brightly colored trees right now. The trips out to my various schools are beautiful.

The weather is usually fairly cool, and for those of you who know me, that is my preferred temperature. I'm a polar bear. I like cold weather. As the weather cools off, I start being more comfortable. (I've always said, cold weather is easier to adapt to than warm. You can always put more clothes on. You start getting in trouble rapidly if you take too many off.) I sleep better in the cold weather as well.

October gets both Columbus Day and Halloween. What could be better than those?

The only bad thing about October is the color of its stone. It is this Pink color. Bleah. Who thought that 'Pink' would be a good color for the coolest month in the calendar. I have to admit, that pink stone is part of why I never got either a high school ring or a college ring. (That, and I'm cheap. Those pieces of jewelry are expensive.)

Enjoy your October, everyone.

2 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree October is a good month, but I would be happy if the temp didn't continue to drop. I am not a big fan of Winter.

If you look up the old traditional month stones you will find that October is an Opal. That is more fitting since the many colors of the stone match the many colors of the leaves.

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger M & J Franzen said...

Scott--
Good to see you have a blog? Isn't it fun. I have a "mommy blog" check it out:
http://thefranzens.blogspot.com

Jessica (Braithwaite)Franzen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home