Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Weekly Television Watching

My wife and I have 4 shows that we watch on a weekly basis.

House. Tuesday night 7:00 pm CST. Fox. Kath loves this show. She has always liked the main actor Hugh Laurie. She's liked him since she saw Jeeves and Wooster. The show is great fun - mysteries that must be figured out and still developing the various characters in interesting ways.

Bones. Wednesday night. 7:00pm CST. Fox. My prefered show. I liked David Boreanez as Angel in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I think I like him even better here. The combination and chemistry of the cast is a lot of fun. I also really enjoy the squint Hodges. Wonderful actor. I was bummed when Dr. Goodman (played by Jonathan Adams) did not return for the second season. I enjoyed his character.

Criminal Minds. Wednesday night. 8:00pm CST. Excellent show. Both of us have been a Mandy Patinkin fan (Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.) Once again, the chemistry and character development is excellent, as are the stories. We did both cheer with the first episode of season 2 when Kirsten Wangsness got her own placard up in the credits. Wise choice. Her Garcia character adds a lot to the story.

The final one we watch is CSI. The original. We did get hooked. Excellent show.

We do also watch other shows on a more hit and miss basis. The New Doctor Who on Sci Fi is a fine example of that. Good show.

2 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Raven's Path said...

Agree on most of your choices, but have some differences too. I only have 2 shows that I want to watch.

NCIS on CBS on Tuesday at 7. The best show out there in my book.

Numbers on CBS Friday at 9. A very good show that stars Rob Morrow from Northern Exposure (the best show EVER).

We also watch Criminal Minds and like it. Though we were disappointed when the agent that was shot last season survived. She just bugs us for some reason.

CSI is a favorite, but not really high up there anymore for me. It has fallen into the same trap that ER and many other shows have. It has become too much about the characters rather than the premise of the show. I like it when there is character developement in relation to the show, but not when whole story lines revolve around the characters themselves.

We still watch ER too, but I can take it or leave it.

Smith (CBS, Tuesdays 9-hopefully) is good. They didn't show it last night so I am hoping they didn't pull it already. Ray Liotta, Virginia Madsen as thieves! Yeah.

Also like Bones though again can take it leave it. Watched the first episode and didn't like it, but stumbled across it a few weeks ago and have been watching it since. I love the team. They are just too funny!

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good call on Bones. Mary and I have been hooked since day 1. We used to watch House when it came on after Bones last year, but didn't follow it when it changed nights. We are now watching the New show Justice which follows Bones on Wednesdays. So far it is pretty good.

We also always watch How I met your Mother. A sitcom on Monday nights (CBS). We started watch that for the same reason we checked out Bones. Last year we tried to catch all the shows that had past Buffy or Angel actors. and now this year we are watching the other half of the 7:00 sitcom hour which is a new show called The Class. So far it has been amusing and not a big deal to tape an hour instead of just 30 minutes.

We still watch ER but it seems to be on a slow steady decesnt to retirement.

That is it for current shows for us. During the odd cable season we also watch Monk and the new show Psych on USA. Both a lot of fun.

Oh...and CSI and CSI: Miami in syndication.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home