Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Warning Labels

I watched a little of Good Morning America this morning. I've been walking to work in an effort to lose weight again (I gained back 20 of the 50 that I lost. I'm a little irritable about that), and walk with a co-worker. We meet at about 7:30, and I had time to sit and get some news.

I had one of these 'Oh good grief!' reactions this morning. They were talking about the Food and Drug Administration wanting the pharmaceutical companies to put being warning labels onto their products. There byline was something like 'Overdosing can cause damage to your bodies.'

...

Well, DUH! That's the definition of OVERDOSING.

We don't need bigger labels on the packages. We need people to stop popping three times as many pills as what the company says. More is not always better, and the pain doesn't stop immediately. Give the drugs time to work before you say, 'gosh, I still have a headache.'

They had a five minute peice on later saying essentially 'Follow the instructions printed on the label.'

Once again...DUH!

Okay, my rant is done for now. Thank you for listening.

1 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about this...

"READING BLOGS CAN BE ADDICTIVE AND TIME CONSUMING"

haha ;)

K

 

Post a Comment

<< Home