Friday, March 23, 2007

Project

I've been working on my various projects. The writing is coming along pretty well. I've finished another chapter of The Stone Dees and started on another one. The editing of book 2 is coming along very slowly, and as for book 1...well...I have a confession. I did start the process for submitting it I-Universe (on-line book-thingee that Raven's pointed me at). I got to a point and kind of freaked out. I have a phone number for someone there, and I've been truly procrastinating about getting it done. So, help me get kicked into gear again!








I've been doing some drawing. Here's one of the assignments from 'Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain.' I had to copy this picture by Picasso upside down so I'd look at the shape of the drawing rather than thinking 'this is an eye' and 'this is a finger.' It was hard even upside down to get past that.






I also opened up the 'How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way.' I produced two pictures that eventually I'll paint - probably in the next week-week and a half. They feature my character Mithril Zeta from City of Heroes, as well as a friends villain character the Fenris Project.





Things all in all are going well. I'll have some other interesting news here soon, I think. Ciao!

2 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger Raven's Path said...

Get off your butt and do it! That kind of prompting? No? Okay how about this.

Both of us have wanted to be writers for as long as we can remember. You have completed a novel! And I want to read it. If you go the I-Universe route any of us that have a local B&N (and yes I will name them) can go the store and order it! I can have the first book in my hand in a bound edition and keep it with all my other first editions.

And even better yet. I can the author to autograph it pretty easily. Now the question begs do I want it inscribed to me which would make it more personal, or just the signature so that when the Author hits the big time the book is worth even more? Oh the choices.

You have my full support which ever way you do it. I will purchase a copy. But I truly believe that you will get more exposure from the I-Universe way since the book will be bound, have an ISBN and in their system.

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will second the call to get off your butt and get it done. I have only read the chapters that have me in them so I want to be able to read the whole book.

I plan on buying two. One that I can get autographed with a personal note to keep and one with just the autograph so I can sell it when he hits it big.

Very good job on the drawing. But how would you know that you had a Picasso upside down?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home