Monday, October 18, 2010

Getting a Head in the World...

Hey, all.

For my current class, I have been working on building a head in 3DS Max. It has been a good exercise, but I have had some issues with getting it all to work.

I chose to try to do a version of Ka'Senne of my Castle Zierath world. It's always a little dangerous to try to do a caricature of one's wife, but I thought I'd give it a try. (foolish, foolish man). I started with a hand drawn caricture as a base.

I need to work on consistency again. The side view isn't bad, but my front view did not live up to expectations. I was trying to do it too quickly (this was the second character - the first I had chosen was one I had worked on before. The professor wanted it to be a 'fresh face' and I hadn't tried a female character yet).

As I continued making faces, she started taking good shape. I'm still having some issues with high polygon count, and I'm not understanding the edge loops nearly as well as I should (which gives the smoothness - as you can tell be the lips and ears), but I am slowly getting it.

Here is where I am currently am on this project.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home