Friday, November 07, 2008

Off To St. Louis

Well, friends and neighbors, I'm off to St. Louis for the annual MAEOPP conference. MAEOPP is the Midwest Association of the Educational Opportunity Program Personnel. It's the combination of the TRiO workers from Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and of course Iowa. It's one of the few places in the world I get to go and say 'I work with Upward Bound,' and I don't have to explain what Upward Bound is. It is really nice to visit with people who know where you are coming from.

The real downside is that I'm going to be away from home from today until next Wednesday. I'm not excited about leaving Kath and Moira for that long. I don't have everything set up to do Skype yet either so they can't see me on the computer. Bummer. I've really got to get that up and going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home