Thursday, March 27, 2008

World War Z

I thought I'd shock my readers and actually have something new up.

I have recently read the book World War Z. I, of course, liked the name. I have to admit, I was hesitant to read it. It is about zombies. Now, I am a sci-fi, fantasy fan, but I'm not so much into the horror genre. I don't really enjoy zombie movies, so I went into reading this book by Max Brooks with a little trepidation.

I was surprised at how much I liked it. It was set up as a series of interviews with survivors of the zombie epidemic. I had picked it up and put it down a number of times, but yesterday I picked it up and read it from cover to cover. It was engaging, entertaining, a little on the unnerving side, and it read like a history.

I do recommend it.

One of the reasons I generally don't read or watch horror films is that I have an overactive imagination and I have troubles sleeping after those. Of course, this was no exception, but I still enjoyed the read.

1 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger Raven's Path said...

Thanks for the review LZ. This has been on my list for a bit to read. There is a followup book too, but I can't think of what is is called.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home