Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Casting Shadows


I really did learn a lot in my perspective class. The next trick of the trade I learned was about shadows and how to measure out how far out a shadow should actually go. We started with a fairly simple, quick sketch using a light and an object. I picked several near-by objects... a stress ball in the shape of a globe, a can of Diet Cherry Coke, and a Star Trek tricorder.

Next we did a little more precise pictures with basic shapes. Things worked out fairly well for that as well, I think.

The final big assignment for this week used a light source and also included reflections. I had fun with this particular assignment. I tried a number of new things, including a curved bridge, trees, and of course, Snoopy's doghouse. I was quite please with how it turned out.i

3 Comments:

At 6:37 PM, Blogger Raven's Path said...

Very very cool! Good job.

 
At 5:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good job. You are making great progress. I can't wait to see some of you comic drawings with these new techniques you have learned.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger The Lord of Castle Zierath said...

Well, hopefully during this next class time I'll have time to do some 'pleasure drawing.' It's a basic computer applications class. Word. Excel. Powerpoint. Photoshop. Illustrator. Acrobat. File compression.

I think I should do all right in that class...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home