Monday, January 21, 2008

Sick Baby


I've found one thing I don't like about parenthood. When your baby catches a cold and you feel completely helpless is not a fun feeling. Poor little Moira caught a cold from daycare, as is the nature of all social interaction areas, and she was miserable for just under a week. Kath and I each spent a day and a half home with her last week. We couldn't lay her down without her choking on her own mucus. And you can't tell her 'blow.' We had to get a little blue suction bulb and 'squeegie' the snot out of her. Oh, let's just say she LOVED that.

She is getting better, but, boy, are Moira, Ka'Senne and I tired.

3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger Heidicrafts said...

Ah, yes. In Wacky nomenclature, that is a "booger snorker." Don't lose it.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger The Lord of Castle Zierath said...

A booger snorker. Got it. Man, it is a whole other language, isn't it.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Heidicrafts said...

Language geeks that we are, I enjoy observing how family language develops.

Gonzo used to say "whups" for chips and we all picked up on it for a time.

I'd love to get into a game of Taboo sometime, with couples as teams. I know CHG and I could easily circumvent the list of five taboo words and jump to family vernacular that would be obvious to us and leave the other teams head scratching. Yet I'm just as certain that they could do the same to us.

CHG: Back-back
Me: Creek
Ding ding ding - that's right!

I hope the lass is feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home