Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Cocoabutter

I promised a couple weeks ago to tell this story, so here it is...

My lovely bride Ka'Senne and I have been told by many mothers that the way to avoid stretch marks from childbearing is to liberally put cocoabutter on the mother's stomach area. This keeps the skin supple and it will stretch back into place earlier.

Now I, being a good husband, went and got three good sized bottles of cocoabutter and applied some to her.

The next day, my hands were red and swollen, and I broke out in hives.

You see, while cocoabutter is named for the cocoa bean, one of the main stablizing substances in cocoabutter is coconut oil.

Guess what. I'm allergic to coconuts.

It's been a month, and I'm still breaking out in hives if I stop taking a tiny dose of the steroid prednozone. (spelling?)

Yeah, it's funny. It's okay to laugh.

grumble grumble stupid coconut grumble grumble

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Raven's Path said...

I know this isn't funny, but at the same time I just had a picture of you with a coconut in your hand and your body expanding like the girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. You get points for being a good husband.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home