Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hello Nurse!

I recently acquired the first disk set of the Animaniacs. I had forgotten how funny the series was. It's not all just bathroom and burping humor (although there is a little bit of that too). It has some very clever social commentary and takes some 'high culture' and presents it in a very silly way.



One of my favorite little scenes is from the first episode. In a flashback to the '50s, Dr. Scratchnsniff, the Psychiatrist to the Stars, has someone on his couch. It ends up being Ronald Reagan saying, "Well, doctor, I keep having this dream where I am the President of the United States." Scratchnsniff looks at him, and writes down 'Delusions of grandeur. Incurable.' Had me in stitches.



I like a vast majority of the characters - Wakko, Yakko, Dot, Dr. Scratchnsniff, Hello Nurse, Pinky, Brain, and Slappy has grown on me. The ones I can't stand are the Goodfeathers. I just never found them funny. I found them very irritating, actually. I'm going to give them another chance, but, I just want to slap them much like Slappy does with her purse in the introduction each time.

1 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have seasons one and two, and are still making our way through them. I will have to disagree with you about Goodfeathers. I think they are great. I don't think there is a set of characters on there that I actaully dislike.
Happy viewing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home