Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back to the World of Blogging

I really do enjoy getting here and blogging. I do have lots of things to share.

I thought I'd go a little deeper into talking about my novel. I have renamed the novel. It is now called 'Zierath, Lord of the Alliance.' I'm going to change the series to 'A Castle Zierath Novel.'

The biggest critique I've gotten since day 1 was the massive number of characters and points of view that I had in the book. I finally decided to break up the book and will make it into a much larger number of books, each from a different person's POV. This first one, obviously, will be from Zierath's point of view. I'm still using many of the same chapters, but I've had to add many chapters to it, introducing characters slowly and then getting the characters on the path towards where I want them.

I also made the story a much more 'personal' one for Zierath. Before he was doing it because it was 'important to do,' but he now is looking for a specific enemy who is tied to the story.

I also get to expand on the various relationships, as well as dig into the psychology of a race of people who live thousands of years. How do these powerful beings stay 'human' and connect to the 'short-lived' without becoming callous, cold, and uncaring.

As I said in my previous post, I do have one chapter I desperately need to re-write. It is a chapter commentary of racism. I'm happy with most of it, but part of it still needs to be written. It's not quite gelling in my mind.

I do hope I have a chance to send it off next week so we can actually get the silly thing published soon. And I hope you all buy a copy. (Shameless plug. Hey, it's my blog. I can shamelessly plug if I want to.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home