Monday, January 31, 2011

Advanced 2D Animation, part 3

This particular class has a lot going on in it. I'm currently just able to keep up with what I'm supposed to be doing. I've been drawing lots of storyboards, which, as I have said, is something I enjoy doing, but they take time. I can't take the time to lovingly perfect each one, so it's a little on the frustrating side.

We were given the assignment of a heart-touching story of a blind man trying to cross a busy street. I've been a little stuck in my animal-people motifs, so I created blind Mr. Mole (yeah, original name, I know) and set Wendell the Polar Bear and Vix the Fox into the scene with him.

I started with an establishing shot - very important - and got all the characters in place. I have Mr. Mole standing at a street corner waiting for traffic to die down. Vix and Wendell join him on the corner.

Mr. Mole is obviously nervous about the situation, and Vix notices it. She touches him on the should and offers her arm. Mole is visibly relaxed, and Vix and Mr. Mole cross the street arm in arm.

This was a quick, easy script, but still took several hours to draw the pictures, scan the pictures, clean them up just a little, and then put the individual pieces in the storyboard chart. I am enjoying what I'm doing, and sometime soon I'll show some of the storyboards I've created for my own material, plus a few animated storyboards to get the sense of timing, but that will definitely be after this particular class is done. Having fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home