Friday, January 21, 2011

Advanced 2D Animation, part 1


When I said I knew my next 2d animation class was going to be time consuming, I knew I was right. By the end of the class, I will complete a 10 second looping short of a character - Sleepy Joe - doing something amusing. I spent a lot of time racking my brain to figure out what to do.

It took me quite a bit of thinking to figure out what to do. I decided to create a secondary character - Sly Stu. Where Joe is a very rounded and relaxed character, I decided to make Stu similar yet opposite of Joe. Stu is very angular, tall, lanky, and conniving.

The storyline is that Joe is walking along. Stu can be seen in a second story room looking out and down at Joe. Stu has a 'Sleepy Joe Wanted poster.' So Stu drops a flower pot to hit Joe on the head. The pot misses, and Joe continues, seemingly oblivious to what is going on behind him.

Stu is angry, and so he drops first a bowling ball and then a piano out of the window. Joe walks on nonchalantly and the ball and the piano miss him completely. Stu is enraged.

Stu races down to the street and chases Joe past the flower and the piano. Joe catches up to the bowling ball, stoops down, picks it up, and then throws it.

It conks Stu on the head, and Stu falls as Joe continues on.

It's actually supposed to then flow into one of my classmates' 10 seconds, but we'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home