Thursday, December 02, 2010

Getting a Head in the World...

One of the projects I was going to take time to learn to do better during December was to create a much more realistic looking head in my 3DS Max program. It's something that I've been looking forward to trying. I was going to spend time searching for a good tutorial that I would fully understand. I was going to go through step by step from the books that I have had to buy. I was going to do it slowly and methodically over several days, especially since my ADD kicks in so badly when I try to spend too much time at once on a single project.

Well, one of my assignments for my textures class was to create a head and then create an interesting bump map for it. I had just a few days to create it. I charged ahead, and the head shape was a disaster. I never did get the eyes put in. You do have to admit, though, that the scales on my character really do look pretty effective! I was happy with the texture.

I'm still going to be working hard on another head during my vacation. When I get that done, I'll share that, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home